Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stressed

I really hate being stressed. I think I handle stress well to a certain point, and once I pass the point I completely melt down – I go from handling everything to feeling like I can’t handle anything. I realize that stress is sometimes a good thing – sometimes it presses me to do the things I really need to do or pushes me in the direction that I need to go, but I still dislike being stressed. I’ve been stressed a lot lately (I’m not going into why here because that’s neither here nor there).  I’m starting to feel like I’m completely underwater, and I must swim to the top of the water and take a deep breath. I need to take time to relax and just breathe.

It is times like these that I realize how much I really need to trust in God. I shouldn’t allow myself to get so down because I have God – the Creator of the Universe and the Almighty and Loving Father to rely on, and yet I do allow myself to become weak in faith. I’m not writing this post to complain, but rather to give myself that reminder that I need: I need to trust in the Lord with all my heart and I need to seek comfort through Him. I ought to be meditating more on His Word and speaking to Him more often through prayer rather than allowing myself to become bogged down.

As a reminder to myself, here are just a few passages from the book of Proverbs.

Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

Proverbs 16:20: “He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he.”

Proverbs 28:25-26: “He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife, but he who trusts in the LORD will be prospered. He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.”

Proverbs 30:5:” Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment