Monday, February 14, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

  • Roast (for two meals). One roast is always way too much for our family, so I’ll use it for two meals. I wish our schedule wasn’t so crazy during the week and I could invite someone over for dinner to share the roast, but that’s the way life is right now!  I’ll cook it with potatoes, carrots, and onions, and serve crescent rolls with it. For the second meal, I’ll serve it with a different veggie – maybe salad or broccoli or asparagus.
  • Chicken fried rice with onions, carrots, and toasted sesame seeds. I might also make some fried wontons filled with a chicken, onion, carrot mixture.
  • Chili (ha, we’re finally having warmer weather, and I’m making chili!). I’ll probably get some Fritos to go along with it to make Frito pie. I will use half ground turkey/half ground beef for the chili.
  • We’re also having grilled pork chops and breakfast for dinner (sausage, biscuits, and gravy) from past weeks' menus. We never ate those meals because we had family in (and ended up eating out instead).
Last week I made chicken parmesan, and it was successful! I pounded the chicken to about a half an inch thin, dredged in flour, then egg, and finally coated it in Panko bread crumbs. I cooked it for about 4 minutes on each side (until the chicken was cooked through). When I was reading up on cooking chicken parmesan, one thing I read was that the entire pan needed to be coated in whatever oil you were using to cook the chicken (I used olive oil). When I’ve made chicken parmesan in the past, I don’t think I was using a sufficient quantity of oil.

(Chicken parmesan. Please excuse the messy plate . . . I was rushing around trying to get a picture before Troy melted down!)
110210-IMG_9493.jpg
Did you plan your meals this week? Link ‘em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment