Sunday, December 13, 2009

Singing to Ella: Bible Songs

This past quarter, I taught Ella's cradle roll Bible class. During that time, I learned a number of great songs to teach her about spiritual things. While the songs are very simple, many have great messages embedded in them, teaching important spiritual lessons. Here are a few of the songs about the Bible that we sang during Bible class, and that I also sing to her on a daily basis.

  • This is the Bible, God's written word.
    It tells that God loves us, it tells that God made us.
    This is the Bible, God's written word.

  • The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me
    I'll stand upon the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E.

  • (Tune: Mary had a little lamb)
    Read your Bible, pray everyday, pray everyday, pray everyday.
Read your Bible, and pray everyday, and you'll grow, grow, GROW!

  • Oh, we love to hear (or read) the Bible, the Bible, the Bible!
    Oh, we love to hear the Bible, for it is God's Word.
  • It tells that God loves us, it tells that God made us.
    Oh, we love to hear the Bible, for it is God's Word.

    Oh, we love to hear the Bible, the Bible, the Bible!
    Oh, we love to hear the Bible, for it is God's Word.
    It tells of our friend, our friend's name is Jesus.
    Oh we love to hear the Bible, for it is God's Word.

  • (Tune: The farmer in the dell)
    The Bible is God's Book,
    His words are written there.
    I'll keep it in a special place, and handle it with care.

  • Two little hands to hold my Bible,
    two little hands to hold my Bible.
    God gave me my two little hands to use for Him!

    Two little eyes to read my Bible,
    Two little eyes to read my Bible.
    God gave me my two little eyes to use for Him!
  • As Ella grows up, I hope to use these songs as one of many ways to teach her about God's Word. Consider the importance of the words of some of these songs: how reading the Bible and praying everyday will help us grow; how God's Word is special, and that we need to handle it carefully; how the Bible needs to be our foundation; how we should have a proper attitude about reading the Bible; and how we are created to serve God.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment