Friday, March 2, 2012

Words of Inspiration

I officially completed the Couch to 5K workout program today! I’m excited for my progress, but I’m sad to say that I’m not actually running a 5K distance . . . my pace is still too slow. BUT, considering where I came from, and how out of shape I was in the beginning, I’m thankful that I can actually jog for 30 minutes straight! Now I’m going to start working on my speed a little bit so that I can actually run a 5K in 30 minutes.

With that said, I saw a quote on Pinterest recently that really got my attention.

regret

No matter how awful I’ve felt after a workout, I’ve never regretted completing it.

 

What do I regret?

 

All those times I should (and could) have worked out that I chose to be lazy instead.

All those times that I should have gotten up early to workout, but chose to sleep in instead.

All those times that I ate food without considering the effect it was having on my body.

All those times I told myself that it really didn’t matter.

All those times I told myself that I couldn’t do it or that it was too hard.

The years that I have spent neglecting my health (eating and exercise).

 

BUT, I think I may have changed. I think I’m on a road to less regrets when it comes to my health. Sure, I know I’ll have ups and downs when it comes to taking care of my body. But, hopefully, I’m finally on the path where the ups greatly outnumber the downs.

My on-going journey to a healthy life

No comments:

Post a Comment