Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy 18 Months Troy!

Eighteen months! Wow, a year and a half! Time flies so fast! I’m so thankful for you!

Your laughter is truly infectious, especially when your dad is tickling you. I can never get the same kind of laugh out of you that your dad does. I guess I’m just not funny enough! ; )

You love to “go! go! go!” Whenever someone is holding you, you’ll say “go! go! go!” meaning you want down to GO!

Your hair has come in so nice and neat . . . in face, people have asked me if you’ve gotten a hair cut because it is so even. So different from Ella’s (still!) crazy hair.120308IMG_1271.jpg

Your expressions are pretty priceless at times. You certainly know how to put on a pouty face. And, if I couldn’t tell otherwise, I’d know immediately that you and Ella were related when I saw the pouty faces appear. It is so funny to me how much your pouty faces look alike!120223IMG_0954.jpg

You figured out how to climb in and out of chairs this month, and you LOVED playing in Ella’s rocking chair. 120228IMG_1080.jpg

I’ve mentioned it before, but you like to climb, and I walked in to the scene below one day this past month. Your climbing scares me, but I know it is a part of growing up. I’m just not used to it because Ella never was (and really still isn’t) much of a climber at all. (OK, so after reading Ella’s 18 month post, apparently she did climb, and I just don’t remember!) You figured out how to dance standing up (not holding onto anything) this month as well . . . your movements are too funny!120323IMG_1315.jpg

You love, love, love being outside! You’ll pick up your shoes and bring them to us to put on you so you can go play outside. When we play outside, and it is time to come inside, you often throw a fit because you want to play outside so much.  You love throwing leaves and exploring everywhere.120323IMG_1413.jpg

Signs you do: more, finished, milk, hungry, thank you, please, thirsty, sleepy, bath

Words you say: Truthfully, you know more words than I can count or keep track of these days, but here are the ones I can remember for now, granted, your dad and I (and maybe Ella) might be the only ones who understand you. bye, ball, Bible, bottle, bite, book, blue, mama, dada, Ella, “eeses” (Reeses, our dog), “ah-ee” (Ali, our other dog), Lucy (grandparent’s dog), “anks” (thanks), “ank oo” (thank you), “ish” (fish), “inished” (finished), duck, “ootball” (football), hut (as in football), basketball, RhuRhu (grandma), Gigi (grandma), Pop-pa (grandpa), hey, hi, down, up, uh-uh, “eese” (please), play, ready, “gup” (cup), cracker, chicken, cat, slide, Bailey (a friend), Katy (a friend), Ashy (a friend), trash, clap, shoes,  cookie, cow, stinky, go, Mickey (like Mickey Mouse). I also think you say something that sounds like “what’s that?” and “I want” (as in “I want a bite”)

Animal noises you make: chicken, duck, cow, dog

Body parts you can identify: nose, eyes, mouth, ears (I think!)

Favorite foods: banana and beans, generally rice, goldfish, and crackers, and then I don’t know what else. You eat a ton of different stuff, but half the time something you gobbled up the day before, you won’t touch the next day. It can make it very tough figuring out what to feed you!

Favorite activities: walking (and almost running!) and exploring everything, especially following Ella or chasing a dog; reading books; watching Blue’s Clues; taking baths; playing with balls (you love to throw any kind of ball); playing outside; playing with toys, especially talking on the phone or putting things over your head or playing with the kitchen stuff; trying get any electronics or drinks you can spot.

120322IMG_1313.jpg

 

Troy @ 17 Months

Ella @ 18 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment