Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tot School Organization

We haven't gotten back into the swing of things with Tot School quite yet after our break for the holidays; however, I do plan to start our activities again this week. I thought I would share a new organization system I'm putting into place to help me with Ella's Tot School activities.

I'm incredibly busy. More busy than I care to be, but that is life sometimes, I guess. In order to really to the things I want to do with Ella for Tot School, I've come to the realization that I need to be better organized going into the week or I will get overwhelmed during the week. My friend was showing me an organization system for homeschooling she heard about from the Confessions of a Homeschooler Blog, called the Sue Patrick Workbox System (You can read the COAH post about it here). Now, please don't misunderstand me. I'm not implementing any kind of full time homeschool program for Ella. Rather, I'm using this general idea of a workbox solution to help keep me organized for her Tot School activities. Down the road, if we decide to homeschool, I'm sure I'll investigate using this organization system for homeschooling, but that's another subject for another time!

We're using this storage tower from Office Depot for our workbox organization system. The very general, basic idea is that you put one activity in each drawer (aka workbox) and you work through the activities for the day. My plan is to fill each box with different activities the night (or week) before so that we are ready to go when the time comes during the week.
110116-IMG_7548.jpg

You could put all sorts of things in the different boxes from puzzles to coloring sheets to games to books, etc. I like this particular storage unit because it has some larger boxes at the bottom for larger activities. I plan to share what I'm putting in the boxes in my weekly Tot School posts.

110116-IMG_7550.jpg
110116-IMG_7555.jpg
110116-IMG_7552.jpg

Tot School

No comments:

Post a Comment