Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

110119-IMG_7650.jpg
(Quesadilla made with leftover grilled sirloin steak. Yum!)
This week is going to be a little light on meals because we’ve got leftovers, and we have something going on at the end of the week so I won’t be cooking as much this week.
  • Leftover BBQ (from one of our favorite local places) with homemade black-eyed peas. This recipe was great, and it made a ton. I plan to use these black-eyed peas for two meals this week, and freeze the remaining batch for the future. I’ve never frozen black-eyed peas before, but I figure it is worth a shot!
  • Sausage, cornbread, and black-eyed peas.
  • Chicken with Pioneer Woman’s pasta in a tomato cream sauce. (Can you tell I like to try out PW’s recipes?) I’m going to try a goat’s milk thing instead of the heavy cream, as well as omit the butter, so that Ella can eat the pasta (she’s allergic to milk).
  • Grilled chicken with couscous and steamed broccoli.  I love these Ziplock steam bags for steaming veggies. So easy to use!
Last week we also ate leftover lasagna from this lasagna I made. It made SO much . . . we ate it for dinner and for lunch leftovers, and that was only HALF of the entire lasagna. I froze the remaining half, and reheated it at 350 degrees for about an hour. It was nice to already have it prepared and ready to pop in the oven!

Did you plan your meals? Link 'em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment