Friday, November 19, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Meal

I've certainly always enjoyed eating our Thanksgiving meal, but as I've gotten older I've found that I also greatly enjoying preparing the meal as well. This year we have the privilege of hosting Thanksgiving at our home, so I'm busy preparing the menu, making sure to include everyone's favorites. Here's our typical Thanksgiving menu:
  • Turkey
  • Ham
  • Cornbread dressing - my favorite dish of the meal!
  • Mashed potatoes. I'm thinking I might try Pioneer Woman's recipe and make them a day ahead of time.
  • Sweet potatoes. I use this Tyler Florence recipe, minus the bananas and I substitute marshmallows for the crumb topping.
  • Crescent rolls
  • Fruit salad
  • Green Beans
  • Corn
  • Gravy
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Dessert
What will your Thanksgiving meal include?


On a side note, please continue to bare with me as I'm changing the look of my blog a bit. It still isn't looking quite like I want it to look yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment