Sunday, September 5, 2010

One of Those Days . . . .Little Things

Do you ever have one of those days where it feels like things just aren't going your way? And while nothing in particular that happens during that day is all that bad, when all those different little things don't go your way it makes it feel like it was a bad day?

I kinda feel like today was one of those days. For instance, right now, I'm making homemade ice cream (something I love to do, even though I can only have a tiny bit on my gestational diabetes diet), and I go to check on its progress, only to find out that I have forgotten to put the mixing blade in the machine. Such a little thing, but it feels big when it shouldn't.

Aw, but sometimes it is also the little things that can really make you smile. For instance, I got a beautiful picture of Ella's eyes today. These days I don't feel like I'm able to take many good pictures of her because I physically can't chase after her because I'm too pregnant (and somehow, I think she knows that I can't really follow her too well!), so I am really pleased to get a photo like the one below.

100905-IMG_9702

I need to keep the "little things" in life in perspective, remembering the ones that make me smile and forgetting the ones that could bring me down.

100905-IMG_9701

No comments:

Post a Comment