Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I know I've been slacking

I know I've been slacking especially when my husband finally jokes with me about the fact that I haven't blogged much lately! I could blame this lack of blogging on the fact that we've been crazy busy with lots of different activities, such as our trip to Jamaica, but we live a busy life normally, and those things really aren't the reason. I could blame this lack of blogging on the fact that I have a very mobile and curious 14-month-old, but I'm used to her and the daily challenge she provides me, and she isn't the main reason. Rather, I think I will blame this lack of blogging on the fact that Ella is going to be a big sister. That's right, we are on our way to two kids under the age of two!

I'm not just being lazy about blogging because I'm pregnant again, but instead, it has to do with how I've been feeling. If you know me personally, you might know that I had a lot of trouble with morning sickness, more specifically hyperemesis gravidarum, when I was pregnant with Ella. Starting at about seven weeks pregnant, I was so sick that I couldn't keep water down without being medicated. This time around, I wasn't very sick in the beginning and I thought maybe I would pass up the sickness. Unfortunately, the sickness hit me full force again (it just started a little later). I throw up if I'm not medicated, and even when I'm medicated my stomach never feels "right." It is hard to eat, but I feel worse if I don't eat, and it is really a vicious cycle.

I know you really don't want to read about my morning sickness issues, so I'll quit writing about them! Even though I was so sick with Ella, and I'm sick again this time around, I'm so thankful for Ella and this baby. The sickness is worth it in the end (although, I might change my mind about this when Ella is a teenager - just kidding!)! And I leave you with a sweet picture of Ella . . . I love to put pictures in my posts!

5 comments:

  1. Cogratulations! We have already been praying for your expanding family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy for you guys, when are you due? Take care of yourself and that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! :)
    I'm due Sept. 27.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I can't wait till Benjamin is a big brother!
    You and your new precious baby will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete