Friday, October 30, 2009

Out of Order

So, this post should have been my first post, but I'm doing things a little out of order. The idea for this blog has been rolling around in my head for quite a while now, but until last week I really couldn't settle on a name, and I wanted the perfect name. I'm not sure I came up with the perfect name, but it is really suiting my tastes at the moment for what I want this blog to be about. :) Anyway, I finally got in gear and started the blog up, partially from the motivation of the photography blog "I Heart Faces." I really wanted to enter their "Fix-It Friday" last week, and I needed a blog to show my "fix" (even though my fix really paled in comparison to the other entries). In my rush to get my fix in for the site, I never had time to write my entry about why I wanted to write this blog, and what I wanted it to be about. Doing things out of order seems to happen quite frequently, as life gets in the way of all the plans I've made.

There are so many things that I want to be. I want to be a good wife and a good mother. I want to be a good photographer, a good cook, and a good keeper of the home. I want to be motivated and active. I want to be healthy and helpful. I want to be informed and curious. I want to contend earnestly for the faith, striving daily to serve the Lord as I should (Jude 1:3). The list of things I want to be could continue on, but I'll save those things for now. I'm doing better at being what I want to be on some of the things I listed than I am on others. Hopefully this blog will be a way to share my journey, as well as communicate with others about living the lives we want to live.

2 comments:

  1. A very nice start! I am with you on having things to be "just right" before I can start a new project. I am glad that you settled on a name and look forward to reading your posts! ~Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I am so with you on every thing you listed! (except "mother" - for now anyway) Ha...7 years later, and I'm still looking for the perfect name for my photography business. I'm looking forward to reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete