Friday, October 23, 2009

I Heart Faces Fix-It Friday #33



One of the things I really want to include on this blog is my photography. I'm really just starting out. I only got my DSLR a few months ago, and I still only have the kit lens. I've been doing all sorts of reading, trying to learn how to use my DSLR, as well as how to edit my photos after I've taken them. I came across this site. Every Friday they do "Fix-It Friday" where everyone edits the same photo and we can all compare the edits. Here's my first attempt. I used Gimp to make my edits.
Here's the original image:


And here is my edit:







3 comments:

  1. Very nice job bring light to the shadowed parts of his face! Glad you found I ♥ Faces. Welcome to the addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Gimp also. I'd love photoshop, but it's not in the budget right now and I think I get decent results using Gimp. My edit is on my blog if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job with your edit! what a difference :O), never heard of gimp before tonight, i'll have to go check it out :O)

    i have my edits posted, too. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O)

    ReplyDelete