Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Scripture Memory System

Starting this week, I’ll be implementing a new system to help the kids (and me!) memorize Scripture. It is called the Scripture Memory System, and it is part of the Charlotte Mason homeschooling method. Whether we end up homeschooling or not, and whether we’d even use the Charlotte Mason method if we did end up homeschooling, doesn’t matter to me. I want to use this Scripture Memory System to help my children memorize Scripture, and I can foresee us using this system long into the future whether we are homeschooling or not, after all, it is my job as a parent to teach my children whether I also send them to public school or not.

I could explain the Scripture Memory System to you, but I think the video I linked does a great job (much better than I’d do with words!), so I encourage you to watch it. I will leave you with a list of the first verses we’ll be putting in our box: mostly Scriptures that the kids already know on some level, but we’ll be adding to the list as we go. Our verses are taken from the NKJV.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1

“He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” Mark 16:16

“And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” Matthew 16:18

“Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” Ephesians 6:1

“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” James 1:22

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment