Sunday, December 11, 2011

“I’m not sick!”

Our household has been teetering on the edge of sick all week long, and over the weekend, the sickness finally got the best of Ella and Troy (and me too, to some extent). Ella and Troy weren’t able to go to Bible class and worship service this morning because of the sickness. Ella was incredibly disappointed that she couldn’t go to Bible class and services. In fact, she was running around saying “I’m not sick!” trying to convince us otherwise. She portrayed the same attitude tonight as she also had to miss the evening services. Ella’s attitude about the whole situation amazed me, and I’m thankful that she already has such a perspective.

Ella’s actions and enthusiasm remind me about the attitude I ought to portray about an opportunity to learn more about God and the Bible, and an opportunity to worship Him. It is easy to fall into a pattern of Bible class or worship services just being another event on the calendar, rather than the blessed occasion that it truly is. A time to go to worship the Almighty, for He truly is worth of praise and honor. A time to partake of the Lord’s supper. A time to fellowship with the saints; to share in suffering and rejoice in salvation. A time to learn more about God’s magnificent Word.   I’m reminded of David’s attitude in Psalm 122:1: “I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord”.”

110916IMG_8632.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment