Thursday, July 7, 2011

Growing Up Too Fast!

People say it all the time, but it is so true – the older I’ve gotten the more quickly time seems to pass. Time seems to pass even more quickly now that I have children. The fact in and of itself that I have children and not just a single child only emphasizes how quickly time passes to me.

4

Ella amazes me everyday with something she says or does. She’s not a little baby anymore {and hasn’t been for a long time} but as she goes about her daily activities, it is hard to believe that 2 1/2 years ago she was just a little helpless newborn in my arms. In a five minute span yesterday Ella proved just how “grown up” she has become.

110706IMG_7235.jpg

By herself, Ella got up from her nap (from her special palette in our bedroom so she doesn’t disturb Troy during his naptime), took off her diaper panties (aka pull-ups – she’s potty trained, but not fully nap- and night-trained), threw her pull-up away, went to the bathroom by herself, got panties out (although she grabbed them from the dirty clothes pile, ha!), got a clip for her hair, put on a “necklace” (my headband, lol), and came into the living room to see me. When she got in the living room she promptly asked me to put the clip in her hair, help her with her panties, and to get her milk out of the fridge for her.  She also got her play phone out, and started acting as though she was calling someone. It is so crazy to me, that 2 1/2 years ago she couldn’t do anything really by herself, and yesterday I’m watching her do all those things (although little things, still amazing to me). Watching her grow up has been such a blessing, and I am looking forward to continuing the journey as her mother.

110702IMG_7155.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment