Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why I Blog: Part 1

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I’m going to start sharing the reasons behind my blogging. All in all, I doubt there will be anything earth-shattering in most of these posts, because if you read my blog, you see what I blog about, and probably have at least a decent idea about why I blog. However, I’m writing these posts not only to share with you, but also to focus myself, because I want to create a blog that is not only worth your time to read, but also worth my time to write.

I blog to create a family journal.

When I started this blog, I really had no intention of writing any posts dedicated to journaling my children’s lives. I wanted it to be more about my personal journey and experiences: bettering myself. Although I planned to discuss aspects of motherhood on the blog (after all, I’m striving to do the best I can as a mother), I didn’t set out to make the blog a place to journal things about my kids’ lives.  In fact, I started this blog when Ella was about eight months old, and I didn’t write my first monthly milestone post about her until she was 17 months old.

However, I am SO thankful that I decided to chronicle at least a few things about my kids’ lives on the blog. We live a very crazy busy life, and I’m glad that I am able to take a least a few minutes to write about my children so that I will always have these stories and posts to look back on. I really wish that I had started regularly writing about Ella when she was born rather than after she was a year old. I couldn’t imagine my blog without journaling about my children’s lives now.

I think a large part of the reason I didn’t plan to journal about my children’s lives is because I didn’t want to be just another mom blog. Don’t get me wrong, there are many mom blogs I love, but that wasn’t the goal or purpose for my blog. Sure, my blog is “just another mom blog” in many ways, but I want it to be more than that (more on that in future posts!).

20110331-IMG_1412.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment