Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I can see my improvement!

When I started this blog, improving my photography skills was definitely something that I wanted to work on. I think that blogging has pushed me to be a better photographer because, as if getting great pictures of my kids isn't enough, I want to have great pictures to share on my blog. (And, yes, I realize a lot of times the pictures of my kids are the pictures on my blog, but knowing that I'm sharing them with you pushes me to do better.)

During 2010, I took on Project 365: taking a photo everyday during the year. Although I missed a few days here and there throughout the year, I did take at least one picture most days (and many days I took far more than a single photo). I really think pushing myself to do this project has helped my photography tremendously (plus, I get the added benefit of capturing my children growing up day by day!). I think I've improved. What do you think?


Early 2010:
218

009-1
IMG_4598

Late 2010:
101117-IMG_2471.jpg

101209-IMG_6057.jpg

101220-IMG_6438.jpg

I didn't improve by simply taking a picture everyday. There was lots and lots of reading involved. I might read a bit too much about photography. :) The combination of educating myself and putting my knowledge into practice has helped me improve. I think one of the great things about blogging has been the ability to go back and see where I've come from! And, even though I have progressed, I know I still have A LOT to learn, and A LOT to improve on when it comes to photography. I hope I can continue to see growth in 2011.

(Side note: You might notice that I haven't been great updating my Project 365 blog . . . hopefully I'll have it filled in completely one day because I did take a photo most days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment