Thursday, October 7, 2010

Really Playing with Ella Again

Troy is two weeks old today . . . two weeks old! It all almost still feels like a dream (perhaps because I'm not getting very much sleep at a time, but that is to be expected; after all, he is only two weeks old!). It is really hard to believe that we have two kids, but that is another post for another time!

Back in August, I vented about how much I was missing being able to really play with Ella because I lacked the energy I needed to keep up with her. I was also struggling physically beyond just lacking energy. I was physically in pain, and struggling a lot with simple things like walking, getting in and out of bed, getting up and down, getting in and out of a car, and even putting on my clothes - not to mention chasing Ella around. It made my heart ache that I could not physically interact and play with her the way I wanted. At the same time, I was also dealing with the emotions of the blessing of being pregnant, and that even though I didn't physically feel well, it really was worth it.

Although I'm still medically restricted from being able to do many of my normal activities (since I'm still in the recovery phase from having a baby), I'm physically feeling so much better than I did the last few months of my pregnancy. I can get down on the floor and play with Ella. I can take her outside, and not worry about her running away from me and not being able to catch her. I can easily bend down to get a hug from her. It feels wonderful to be able to do these things again!




No comments:

Post a Comment