Sunday, June 6, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I really enjoy blogging, and I'm fairly certain I would write even if no one else read it (but I am thankful for those who do read!).  I've been so incredibly busy lately that I haven't had time to write lately (you've probably noticed that my blog has been kind of empty of new posts recently), and it has been driving me crazy that I haven't had the time to write. I've found that blogging (reading and writing) is really a great release and I do miss it when I'm super busy. But this post isn't meant to be a complaint about being busy, but rather a little catching up over the past few weeks.

I'm very thankful for the reasons that I've been too busy to write. The spring semester ended, and we finally had a break from our normal crazy schedule. We took the opportunity to head out of town to visit with our families. We don't get to see them as often as we'd like because we have so many activities going on.  Ella sure does love being with her grandparents! We greatly enjoyed our time with family as well.

Trent and I also had the opportunity during this break between the semesters to take a vacation to Washington D.C. while Ella stayed with the grandparents. We've never been to D.C., nor have we really had much of an opportunity to go on vacation since we've been married. I missed Ella greatly while we were away, but I'm thankful that we have such wonderful family that we can leave her with when we travel. Any time we leave her with family, it reminds me of how absolutely blessed we are! I plan to write some more about our vacation, because it was eye-opening to me in a lot of ways, but for now I leave you with a few pictures of Ella om our entire time away.






5 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. I've missed reading your blog. Did miss Ella get a Cracker Barrel rocking chair? I'm so jealous! I've always wanted one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella did get a Cracker Barrel rocking chair - my parents have them at their house and my dad decided Ella needed her own. She loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture is adorable! My husband and I went to D.C. recently ourselves (in April). Can't wait to see your photos and hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete