Monday, May 3, 2010

Exhausted Yet Uplifted

Last week was one of the most exhausting weeks I have had in a long time. I was running constantly and getting very little sleep, and even though I'm still trying to catch up on my rest, I'm not complaining! This past week my family had the opportunity to be involved in Focal Point (a workshop for preachers and their families), and the corresponding Gospel Meeting.

I am absolutely blessed to have been able to be involved in such a wonderful work. I am blessed because I had the opportunity to hear many studies in God's Word throughout each day of the workshop, as well as in the lessons at night. I am blessed to get to fellowship with Christians from across the country, and even from outside the country. I am blessed by friendships founded on Christ that allow for a deeper bond than I could have with a friend outside of Christ. I am blessed by the discussions that resulted from the lessons that were presented. I am blessed by the members of our home congregation who helped take care of the needs of the workshop from the food to housing attendees. I have tried to put it into words, but itt is hard to describe how encouraged and uplifted I am from the week of Focal Point!

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been there! Sounds wonderful! I love strengthening and creating new Christian bonds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe y'all can come next year! :)

    ReplyDelete