Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Survey

I saw this Valentine's Day survey on one my favorite blogs to read (thanks for sharing all your answers Kristen!) and thought it was a fun idea. Here are my answers!

  1. When was your "engagement" anniversary? November 29, 2002 (Corrected . . . I went back and checked! We got engaged on the day after Thanksgiving, so it was easy to figure out :) )
  2. When is your "marriage" anniversary? January 3, 2004
  3. How long have you known your spouse? 10 1/2 years
  4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged? A little over 3 years
  5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time? I believe it was at a youth activity. Some friends of ours were having a welcome party of sorts for me and my sister because we had just moved to town.
  6. What is your spouses name? Trent
  7. Do you have any children yet? Yes, Ella.
  8. How many? One for now
  9. Do you have any house pets? Yes, two mutts, Ali and Reeses
  10. Do you own a house or rent? Own
  11. Do you live in the country or town/city? Town/city
  12. What is one of your favorite activities together? Going to baseball games. We love to go to Rangers and Astros games (we have been since we were in high school!).
  13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? Disneyworld! (j/k . . . if you know me you know we didn't exactly have a great honeymoon there . . . although nothing against Disneyworld - I'd go back in a heartbeat). We really don't have a favorite vacation spot . . . we haven't been on many vacations.
  14. How many siblings? 3
  15. What church do you attend? University church of Christ
  16. Is this the church you were married in? No
  17. What is your favorite restaurant to eat at together? Not sure, maybe Pappasitos?
  18. Do you work or stay at home? I stay at home and work from home.
  19. Where did you honeymoon? Disneyworld
  20. Leave a piece of marriage advice. I found this poem before we got married and I really liked it, so I'll post it as my piece of marriage advice.
Marriage Takes Three:
I once thought marriage took just two to make a go, 
But now I am convinced it takes the Lord also.
And not one marriage fails where Christ is asked to enter,
As lovers come together with Jesus at the center.
But marriages seldom thrive and homes are incomplete,
Till He is welcome there to help avoid defeat.
In homes where Christ is first it is obvious to see,
Those unions really work, For marriage still takes three.


4 comments: