Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bananas and Avocados

Two fruits that do not need to be cooked are bananas and avocados. Both of these fruits may simply be mashed with a little water, breastmilk, or formula (or with nothing at all for older children). Ella LOVED the banana despite the fact that I HATE banana (I can't even stand the smell, so it is a big step for me to feed it to her). She kind of liked the avocado, so we'll keep trying that one. Perhaps I'll mix the banana and avocado together next time (as suggested on www.wholesomebabyfood.com).

The one thing I don't like about the banana is that I feel like I'm wasting quite a bit. Ella doesn't come close to eating a whole banana (even within the day) and I don't like them. If my husband is around he'll eat them, but if not it goes to waste. This isn't an issue with the avocado, because unlike bananas, avocados are one of my favorites (what can I say, I live in Texas and LOVE guacamole!). The wholesome baby food website suggests freezing the avocado in slices, but I haven't tried that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment